- This event has passed.
Pie, Pie, and Pie Charts
April 13, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Come enjoy slices of pizza, yummy pies á la mode, and learn all about where your tax dollars go and what kind of say you have in the process.
- Carol Hedges from the Colorado Fiscal Institutewill teach us all about Federal, State, and Local funding relationships.
- T.A. Taylor-Hunt from Coloradans for Financial Reform will explain current legislative efforts at curbing predatory lending and debt buying.
- Shirley Whiteside from Denver War Tax Boycottwill explain the reasons and process for not paying for war.
- Courtney Law from Denver Department of Finance will tell us how to get involved in the upcoming General Obligation Bond to spend $500 million.
- Roshan Bliss and Alex Landau from The Denver Justice Project will explore what we mean by “public safety”…budgetarily speaking.
We’ll also explore Participatory Budgeting, creating your own version of our budgets (including a make your own budget button machine) and remember the part about the pizza and pies?!!
As always Warm Cookies will have delicious cookies, Spanish/English interpretation, and childcare (if requested).