- This event has passed.
Solar Decathlon Village
October 12 - October 16
One event on October 12, 2017 at 12:00am
One event on October 13, 2017 at 12:00am
One event on October 14, 2017 at 12:00am
One event on October 15, 2017 at 12:00am
The U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon is a collegiate competition made up of 10 contests that challenge student teams to design and build full-size, solar-powered houses. The winner of the competition is the team that best blends design excellence and smart energy production with innovation, market potential, and energy and water efficiency.
The Solar Decathlon village will be located at 14th & Bannock. Competition houses are open to the public, free of charge on nine days over two long weekends:
- Thursday, Oct. 5–Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017: 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 9, 2017: 1 p.m.–7 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 12–Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017: 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
During the remaining dates and times, the Solar Decathlon village is closed to the public for competition activities.
Solar Decathlon 2017 features several activities in addition to the competition, including:
- Tours of the Solar Decathlon houses and village
- Solar Decathlon education events, including workshops for consumers and professionals, and Education Days for middle schools
- The Sustainability Expo at Solar Decathlon.
More info: https://www.solardecathlon.gov