Have science lovers in your mix? Try these ideas:
- Check out the current temporary exhibitions at Denver Museum of Nature & Science, which are both free with admission: Ultimate Dinosaurs and Nature’s Amazing Machines. For even more fun, ask for a Gnome Hunt sheet at guest services and find all the gnomes hidden throughout the museum.
- Stop by the herbarium at Denver Botanic Gardens (it’s in the basement of the main building) and ask to admire the wealth of preserved plant specimens, as well as some mushrooms and insects too! Also visit the Science Pyramid for science demos.
- 3D print something awesome at the free ideaLAB at Denver Public Library. Staff will help you learn how to create 3D image files and much, much more.
- Enjoy an educational (and warm!) trip to the Amazon without leaving Denver at Denver Zoo’s Tropical Discovery pavilion.
- Take a road trip to the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) in Boulder and learn about weather through a free interactive museum, then take a hike and admire the scenery.
- Book a tour of the Denver Telephone Building with the Telecommunications History Group and marvel at the evolution of communication technology. Also great for history buffs! Call 303.296.1221 to learn more.
- Learn about aerospace and aviation as you tour the hangar at Wings Over the Rockies and try out their newest interactive exhibition Be the Astronaut.